Saturday, November 27, 2010

Brassieres, Buys & Design

A fine example of the long standing obsession at Hawke Headquarters  

November has been a month filled with planning and fun projects in the world of Hawke.  Isn't this month just flying by?  I have purchased some great Menswear over the last month for The Big Band, as well as some stunning vintage furs for The Soiree collection which I will preview soon.   It will be worth the wait for vintagehawke.com to be up and running ready for your perusal; that's a promise!

Getting ready for the fur shoot!

In other news I have been collaborating on a project with my friend Sarah,  a talented seamstress and owner of Wellington based clothing label Pulka.  We have been designing & creating a vintage inspired 5 outfit lingerie collection in the hope of having it ready to present at a fashion show in a few weeks time.  It has been such a treat to actually put to use the bank of terms and details you come across as a vintage lingerie enthusiast.  Excitement all round! 

Killer Vintage - Hollywood Vassarette

As an Interior Designer by training, it has been a learning curve for me to get my head around the construction and making of bras & knickers, but it has been the best challenge ever & I hope to brush up on my sewing skills with some night classes in the near future.  We loved the idea of using vintage and recycled materials to create our pieces, and I can't wait to show you what we dreamed up.  In the mean time here are some beautiful authentic lingerie images I have stumbled across on the internet.   

Below is an image of a 500 piece vintage collection someone was selling; it was just incredible & I can't even begin to imagine how amazing it would be in real life.  Nothing beats the originator authentic real deal when it comes to pretty much anything right? Apart from Home Alone perhaps; when number 2, Lost In New York topped number 1  :)    

A snippet of the instant jaw drop / 500 strong vintage lingerie collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment I appreciate your feedback! :)