Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Vinspiration - Mae West


Salvador Dali's Mae West Lips Sofa (1937)

Mae West (1893-1980)  was a comedienne, actress and writer who was at the extreme end of controversial for her time.  Salvador Dali named one of his sofa creations after her lips, she must have been just as unconventional as him in her own way. Here is a poem that she wrote aged 15 called Cave Girl found a couple of months ago.  She realised how awesome animals are, how friendly...

I got my smile from the sunshine.
I got my tears from the rain.
I learned to dance when I saw a tiger prance.
And a peacock taught me to be vain.
A little owl in a tree so high,
He taught me how to wink my eye.
I learned to bill and coo from a turtle dove.
And a grizzly bear taught me how to hug.
But the guy who lived two caves from me,
He taught me how to love.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment I appreciate your feedback! :)