Monday, September 6, 2010

Dear Gentlemen...Dandy Beau Gallants


I was having a chat with my lovely mother last week, and she used the word dandy to describe someone.  It made me laugh, so I had to find out what the true meaning of a dandy boy was, along with vintage variations of the modern version to share. 


It is a male who places particular importance on his appearance, leisurely hobbies and refined language in a bid to imitate the lives led by aristocrats.  They were gentlemen in every sense of the word, well rounded characters full of manners, charm and respect.  


I have kept these gentlemen in mind whilst finding outfits for the Big Band collection, and I will preview some of the treats I have found very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment I appreciate your feedback! :)